Ed. notice: That is the most recent installment in a collection of posts from Mainspring Authorized’s group of knowledgeable contributors. David Lat, founder and former managing editor of Above the Regulation, lately joined Lateral Hyperlink as a managing director within the New York workplace.
In my new position as a authorized recruiter, I spend a lot of my time talking with Biglaw associates and companions about their profession targets and aspirations. And I’ve rapidly come to this conclusion: everybody desires to go in-house. So I’m delighted to current an amazing in-house place to the Above the Regulation viewers.
An rising development firm within the specialty pharma/life sciences/biotech area has solely retained Lateral Hyperlink to conduct a seek for a Deputy Common Counsel, to be positioned within the firm’s headquarters in northern New Jersey. candidates ought to submit their résumés to me by way of e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, topic line “In-Home Alternative.”
Reporting to the Common Counsel (“GC”), the Deputy Common Counsel will work carefully with the GC, Chief Compliance Officer, enterprise shoppers, and outdoors counsel on a variety of company issues, together with public firm securities filings, company governance, M&A, and industrial contracts. The Deputy Common Counsel may even help the Common Counsel on current enterprise growth initiatives. That is the primary Deputy Common Counsel position at this firm, and it offers a novel alternative for a lawyer to have interaction within the firm’s strategic and enterprise growth efforts.
- J.D. with glorious tutorial credentials.
- 5+ years of expertise with a serious Am Regulation 200 regulation agency or company authorized division.
- Experience in securities regulation, particularly public firm reporting necessities and SEC filings.
- Expertise with normal company issues, together with board resolutions and minutes and company authorization.
- Expertise drafting, reviewing, and negotiating all kinds of business contracts (e.g., provide agreements, grasp companies agreements, consulting agreements).
- Fascinating however not required: expertise within the life-sciences trade, healthcare regulatory/compliance, M&A, litigation, mental property.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and be concerned in all authorized points of a rising firm; candidate have to be a self-starter and have an entrepreneurial spirit and cooperative angle, sound and sensible enterprise judgment, mental creativity, and problem-solving abilities. As a core member of the authorized group, candidate ought to have the best degree of integrity and ethics.
- Lively membership in not less than one state bar.
Compensation: Aggressive base wage, bonus, inventory choices, ESPP plan, and advantages, commensurate with expertise.
Journey: Minimal journey required.
Relos: Case by case (this search is nationwide, though native candidates are most well-liked).
Bar: Lively membership in not less than one state bar.
Seniority Stage: Senior director-level or VP-level place, commensurate with expertise and talent.
For those who fulfill the necessities listed above and wish to study extra about this job — or in the event you’d prefer to discover your profession choices extra typically, together with alternatives at different regulation corporations — please submit your résumé to me by way of e mail: email@example.com, topic line “In-Home Alternative.”
Thanks, and I stay up for listening to from you!
Lateral Hyperlink is among the top-rated worldwide authorized recruiting corporations. With over 14 places of work world-wide, Lateral Hyperlink focuses on inserting attorneys on the most prestigious regulation corporations and firms on the earth. Managed by former working towards attorneys from high regulation faculties, Lateral Hyperlink has a practice of hiring legal professionals to execute the lateral leaps of working towards attorneys. Click on ::right here:: to seek out out extra about us.