For those who’ve adopted me for lengthy, you recognize I LOVE my freezers. Sure, plural. I’ve a number of of them, and they’re packed to the BRIM with meals. My freezers are one of many foremost instruments that permit me to spend so little on groceries, and nonetheless make wholesome, selfmade meals for my household! Apart from studying tips on how to purchase further of meals gadgets which might be on sale (to construct that freezer stockpile), the true trick is to stock your freezer so you recognize what’s in there, so you’ll be able to rotate the meals usually.
Fortunate for us all, I not too long ago cleaned out and inventoried my fridge, freezer, and pantry, and determined to point out you not solely HOW I did it, however to provide you a FREE INVENTORY PRINTABLE that will help you handle your meals as effectively!
This is what you do first…
I select one aspect or space of my freezer, and fully empty the contents to the ground. I hold a rubbish can shut by and toss something that’s tremendous outdated, funky wanting (or smelling), or one thing that we’ll by no means use and I wasn’t in my proper thoughts once I determined to maintain it (like a half empty packet of ham glaze powder from LAST Thanksgiving. What the…??).
Preserve your stuff in a pile, it will not thaw out quick sufficient to do any hurt to something. However when you’re fearful, hold a cooler close by and put the meals in there.
Warning: No kids or animals have been harmed within the cleansing of this TOXIC DISGUSTING TOTALLY GROSS freezer.
Critically, EW…do not decide me by the poisonous crud within the backside of my freezer. Why is that Viva container nonetheless in there, you surprise? As a result of it was principally glued down by some unknown sticky substance that took me ceaselessly to scrub out of the freezer.
I took a vacuum and sucked out what I might, then took some heavy elbow grease and cleansing spray to wipe out the remainder.
Aaaah…a lot better!
Evidently, do not skip the cleansing half! Particularly in order for you your fridge to look the identical method. Simply belief me on this, as a result of when you persevere, you’ll be able to have a fridge that appears like this…(cue heavenly music)
Put all of it again, and take a look at your finest to make it make sense! Write down each merchandise as you go. This is how I do it:
- Begin with the least-used, bulkiest stuff on the backside.
- Attempt to make all sides or space of your freezer make sense. For instance, this is how I organized my kitchen pull-out freezer:
- Left-side: Frozen meals/soup, meat, purees, salsa, and so on.
- Proper-side: Veggies, fruit, dairy, baking items, lunchmeat, and so on.
- High mini drawer: Small, random gadgets, and gadgets we use usually; butter, cream cheese, string cheese and bagged cheese, yogurt, breads, frozen sandwiches, ice cream, and so on.
- Write down all the things that will get put again in your freezer, and make word of what aspect/space it is on. Attempt to write it down considerably in the identical order as how you set it again in your freezer. Remember to word what number of you could have. I’ve three yogurts within the image above (we use them in smoothies), so I might do three tally marks. As I take advantage of one up, cross off a mark.
As promised, I made you a FREE Freezer/Fridge/Pantry stock printable so you’ll be able to hold monitor of your meals too! Click on HERE to print:
The MOST IMPORTANT STEP (and the place I fail probably the most) is
- 1) maintaining along with your new organized freezer (crossing off belongings you use, placing issues again the place they go, and updating your stock checklist as you purchase and use issues), and
- 2) utilizing what you could have in meals as a substitute of shopping for new meals on the retailer on a regular basis.
On the finish of the day the aim of getting all this superb meals is to make your life simpler and prevent cash…so USE IT! Plan your meals round what you could have, particularly on these weeks the place cash is tight. See my “5 easy grocery tricks to prevent 1000’s” put up for plenty of useful hyperlinks and concepts on how to do that effectively.
Need to get reeeeeeal loopy?
Now that you’ve all this newly found meals in your life….do a one or two-week spending freeze! It is not going to solely pressure you to make use of what you could have, nevertheless it’s a good way to avoid wasting a LOT of cash in a brief period of time. It is liberating, motivating, and empowering; like a juice cleanse on your physique or one thing. In a single week you would save sufficient cash to fully pay for Christmas. Purchase a couple of staples earlier than the freeze, however in any other case do not spend a dime and focus solely on what you could have in your pantry/freezer! See about my spending freeze HERE.
Get free (tremendous cute) meal planning printables and a free freezer, fridge, and pantry stock printable HERE, to assist hold you organized in all areas of your kitchen.
That is it! Tremendous straightforward, tremendous helpful, tremendous fast mission that can make you are feeling oh so good. Now, get on the market and luxuriate in having a romantic date along with your freezer!
(Visited 11,288 occasions, 91 visits immediately)